If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving – you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Why You Should Join
The American Legion provides life-changing assistance and guidance for veterans, military personnel, their families and communities in thousands of ways every day around the world. Help comes in the form of personal assistance, cash grants, donated goods, disaster relief, labor, networking, volunteerism and advocacy.
- Free subscription to American Legion Magazine and NJ Department Newspaper
- Community volunteerism, involvement, and donations
- Service officer to help with benifits (do not have to be a member)
- National advocacy on veteran related issues
- Help local veterans and youth
- Member discounts